William Lewis worked as a tailor at The Cross, Worcester. He was one of the first Councillors elected after the New Municipal Act of 1835 and became Mayor in 1843 – 1844, 1844 – 1845, and again in 1846 on the death of the incumbent Mr. Lloyd.
He was a Director of the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton Railway and a Justice of the Peace. He also held the important post of a distributor of stamps.
Location: Guildhall Ground Floor – Lower Hall